- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryI'm always trying to invent something. Occasionally, it works out. My daughter's boyfriend adores the chocolate and peanut butter combination and this is what I came up with for him. Unfortunately, the pics are on my other computer and I haven't gotten the wireless connection to work yet, so they will come later.
- 1 box (19.5 oz) traditional fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (may substitute sour milk)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, 1/4 cup butter and 1 egg. Beat until just combined.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk and continue to beat until well-blended.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are dry to the touch and firm.
- Let cookies set on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool comletely.
- In medium bowl, cream 1/4 cup butter and peanut butter.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add marshmallow cream and beat until fluffy.
- Spread filling between the flat sides of two cookies to make a sandwich.
- Wrap each whoopie pie individually in plastic wrap.