- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (18 1/4 oz) chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter, milk, and egg. Add 3/4 cup of peanuts. Spread into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 3 cups whipped topping. Spread over the crust; top with remaining whipped topping and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla until smooth; drizzle over cake.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
NotesThis dessert is a big hit with my family for holidays. Even though there are alot of ingredients, it is very easy to make. One hint my father taught me about measuring peanut butter. Say you need a cup of peanut butter. Fill a 2 cup liquid measuring to 1 cup. Then spoon in the peanut butter until the water reaches the 2 cup mark. Then drain out the water and quickly add the peanut butter to your ingredients. Very little peanut butter will stick to your measuring cup. Try it, you'll see.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce