- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups purchased chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce
- Chocolate-covered or plain peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For crust, in a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Press crust mixture onto the bottom and 1 to 2 inches up the side of a 9x3-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir vanilla ice cream just enough to soften.
- Spoon softened ice cream into frozen crust, spreading ice cream evenly.
- Sprinkle with the 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts.
- Freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
- Let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir chocolate ice cream just enough to soften.
- Spoon softened chocolate ice cream on top of chocolate-covered peanut layer, spreading ice cream evenly.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- Using a thin metal spatula, loosen crust from side of pan; remove side of pan.
- Let ice cream cake stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly.
- To serve, cut the ice cream cake into wedges and top with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate-covered peanuts.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine one 12-ounce jar fudge ice cream topping and 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Make-Ahead Tip:
- Prepare ice cream cake as directed.
- Wrap in moistureproof and vaporproof wrap and freeze for up to 1 week.
- Loosen cake from pan and remove side of pan.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly.
- Cut into wedges and serve as directed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More