- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- SHORT BREAD
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 9 ounces 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9x9x2" baking pan with regular or nonstick foil.
- Shortbread: In food processor, process flour, sugar and butter until mixture looks sandy and begins to clump. Turn into pan; press over bottom and prick all over with fork.
- Bake in 325 oven for 5 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees and bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is pale gold. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- PEANUT-CARAMEL FILLING: In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on 100% power for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in condensed milk and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power for 10 minutes or until boiling; remove from oven every few minutes to stir. Mixture should be thickened and light golden brown. Let stand 1-2 minutes. Whisk. Stir in peanuts. Spread over cooled shortbread mixture.
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING: In large microwave-safe bowl, combine bittersweet and milk chocolates. Microwave on 50% power until melted, 2-3 minutes; stir to combine. Spread chocolate over peanut filling. Let cool. Once chocolate is set, with sharp knife, cut into 24 bars.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More