- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- SHORT BREAD
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 9 ounces 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 9x9x2" baking pan with regular or nonstick foil.
- Shortbread: In food processor, process flour, sugar and butter until mixture looks sandy and begins to clump. Turn into pan; press over bottom and prick all over with fork.
- Bake in 325 oven for 5 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees and bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is pale gold. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- PEANUT-CARAMEL FILLING: In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on 100% power for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in condensed milk and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power for 10 minutes or until boiling; remove from oven every few minutes to stir. Mixture should be thickened and light golden brown. Let stand 1-2 minutes. Whisk. Stir in peanuts. Spread over cooled shortbread mixture.
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING: In large microwave-safe bowl, combine bittersweet and milk chocolates. Microwave on 50% power until melted, 2-3 minutes; stir to combine. Spread chocolate over peanut filling. Let cool. Once chocolate is set, with sharp knife, cut into 24 bars.