- Cooking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cup butter
- 2½ cups crunchy peanut butter
- 6 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups apples, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Beat eggs and add sugar.
- Stir in chocolate mixture and beat.
- Stir in dry ingredients, then apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Bake in a greased 19½ x 12 x 3½ inch baking pan at 350ºF for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool. Dust with powdered sugar.
NotesThe original recipe which we found in our Apple Cook Book didn't have peanut butter in it, but since we like peanut butter we decided to experiment and the experiment was a success.