- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 8 oz. Hershey's Chocolate Bars, plain (or equivalent in weight)
- 1 18 oz. Jar Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Eggs 1 Cup Milk
- dash salt 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- You will need a 10 x 13 to 10 x 15 baking pan sprayed with Baker's Joy.
- Blend eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until mixed. In separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and gradually fold into egg mixture until incorporated.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick spray coating bottom and sides.
- Pour batter in pan spreading evenly.
- Hold pan by both sides and tap on table to release air bubbles.
- Bake at 350% for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Cake will spring back when lightly touched in center.
- Immediately upon removing cake from oven, spread entire jar of peanut butter over cake making sure all peanut butter is melted and covering the edges of the cake.
- It's ok if the peanut butter drips down the sides of cake and into the pan.
- Place pan in freezer on a flat surface until peanut butter is set and not tacky (about 20 minutes.)
- Take both chocolate bars and break up into scored pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Keep water in pot very hot but do not let it boil.
- You do not want the chocolate to cook, only melt.
- Stir chocolate with spatula until smooth.
- Turn heat off; the steam from the water will keep the chocolate in liquid form.
- When cake is ready, remove from freezer and pour entire bowl of chocolate over peanut butter spreading again from side to side until the entire cake is covered.
- Return to freezer for about 25 minutes until set.
- Remove from freezer and let stand for approximately 15 minutes until chocolate comes to room temperature (making it easier to cut.) Cut into brownie size squares and serve.
- This is DELICIOUS as an ice cream base too!
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a dear friend of mine back in New Jersey. She made these dessert bars at so many occasions, and no one ever seemed to get tired of them. They are simply delicious! Now I make them for my family and friends, and every sweet little bite reminds me of our friendship.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More