- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 160g dark chocolate coarsely, chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 5 eggs, separted
- 3/4 cup pecan meal
- 2/3 cup pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 dark chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan nuts, coarsely chopped, to serve
- CHOC LIQUEUR SAUCE
- 150g dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoon Bailey Irish cream liqueur
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180 degrees C. Grease two 6- hole texas muffin pan. Line the base and sides of 10 holes with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Tranafer to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sugar and egg yolks together until thick and pale.
- Fold egg mixture, pecan meal, pecans and grated chocolate into chocolate mixture, until just combine.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg- white until soft peaks form. Fold lightly into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared pans
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until cooked when tested with skewer. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE - LIQUEUR SAUCE; Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Serve cakes drizzled with sauce and sprinkle with nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Italian Exchange
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More