- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Package Puff Pastry - defrost and cut in 2" squares (can also be cut in 1" or 1.5" squares - adjust amount of pudding per square)
- Chocolate Pudding:
- (You can use any pudding recipe, including canned)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature (cut into small pieces)
- Optional - finely chopped nuts to sprinkle on top.
- In a large stainless steel (heatproof) bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Then whisk in 1/2 cup of the milk until you have a thick paste.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking to blend into the cocoa paste mixture.
- Set aside while you heat the milk and cream.
- Have a fine medium-sized strainer and bowl ready near the stove so you can strain the pudding after it is cooked.
- Pour the remaining 2 cups (480 ml) milk with the creaminto a pan.
- Bring this mixture just to a boil and then remove from heat. (The milk will foam up to the top of pan when done, so watch carefully.)
- Gradually pour the milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Transfer the pudding mixture to a clean large, heavy bottomed saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of mayonnaise (about 3 - 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and pour through the strainer to remove any lumps that may have formed during cooking.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate, vanilla extract, and butter, stirring gently with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, press plastic wrap onto the surface of the warm pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill completely before making cookies.
- Once cooled:
- Put pudding in piping bag with large tip. On each 2' pastry square swirl about 2 Tablespoons of pudding in the middle.(or drop from Tablespoon)
- Bake on Reynolds parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 400 - about 12 minutes. Cool on rack and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More