- Cooking Time: 5 Mins
- Servings: 8 bars
- Preparation Time: 12 Hours
BackstoryAn old Irish candy, up dated. My kids loved this, I never told them what it was made of. All they knew it was good candy.
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 salt
- 1 pound chocolate or candy coating
- Combine sugar, coconut, potatoes, vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Line a 9-inch pan with foil covered with a non-stick spray (or use butter or shortening on the foil). Spread the mixture into the pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut candy into rectangles. Cover and freeze.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the bars into the coating. Place on wax paper to harden. Store in an airtight container.