- Cooking Time: 5 Mins
- Servings: 8 bars
- Preparation Time: 12 Hours
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 salt
- 1 pound chocolate or candy coating
- Combine sugar, coconut, potatoes, vanilla extract and salt and mix well.
- Line a 9-inch pan with foil covered with a non-stick spray (or use butter or shortening on the foil). Spread the mixture into the pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut candy into rectangles. Cover and freeze.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the bars into the coating. Place on wax paper to harden. Store in an airtight container.
NotesAn old Irish candy, up dated. My kids loved this, I never told them what it was made of. All they knew it was good candy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More