- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bar or chocolate chips
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan, parting 2 inches at the top for the cake to rise.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar collectively until downy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until fully integrated.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate bar or chocolate chips; stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate syrup and butter-sugar mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Add 1/2 the milk mixture to chocolate mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, mixing well.
- Add remaining milk mixture and remaining 1 1/2 cups flour; beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake approximately 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan and invert onto a cake plate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More