- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 8 - 10 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (Devil's Food works well)
- water, eggs and oil as directed on cake mix
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate curls optional
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and cream. Stir over low heat until butter is melted. Pour into two greased 9-inch round cake pans lined with Reynolds Parchment paper. Grease paper, sprinkle with pecans and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. SLOWLY and carefully pour batter over pecans.
- Bake at 325° for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks too cool completely.
- For topping: beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff.
- Place one layer of cake, pecan side up, on serving plate. Spread with half of the topping. Top with second layer of cake and remaining topping. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Store in refrigerator.
NotesShh...don't tell anyone but this is such a simple recipe, that looks like you spent all day in the kitchen. You use a boxed cake mix, but no one will ever guess you didn't make it all from scratch!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More