- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- butter to grease ramekins
- Butter the sides and bottoms of two 4-inch ramekins. Set those aside. If you have a double boiler, great, or make do with a bedium bowl over boiling water. Melt both types of chocolate with butter, stirring until smooth. Then, transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool slightly.
- Mix in the sugar and then add the eggs, flour, and baking powder. Whisk until it's smooth and thick.
- Divide the mixture between the two ramekins, and then bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the middle just barely begins to set. Remove from the oven and invert them onto your serving plates. You can serve with whipped cream or dust with cocoa powder, or your own preferred finish.
- You can also let the cakes cool completely and reheat in the microwave for a bout 45 seconds.
NotesThis is a recipe my aunt used to make all the time that I eventually begged the recipe from her. I hope you all enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More