- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 6 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- granulated sugar (optional)
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed
- In a 1 or 2-quart stainless-steel saucepan, whisk the egg, cornstarch, salt and vanilla together for 2 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in another saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Cook over low heat until the butter and sugar blend together.
- Add the milk and heat until the sugar dissolves. (The sugar will get hard when the milk is added; it will melt again as the milk heats.)
- Whisk a few tablespoons of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gradually whisk in the rest of the milk mixture.
- Over medium heat, whisk the combined mixture constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Immediately remove from the heat.
- Stir chocolate pieces into the warm pudding mixture until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl. (If you don't want a skin to form on the top of the pudding, sprinkle it lightly with granulated sugar.)
- Cover with plastic wrap when cool.
- Place 1/2 cup of raspberries into each of 8 serving bowls.
- Top with a few tablespoons of pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More