- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYou’ll feel like you’re floating on cloud nine with this delightful blend of raspberries and chocolate. This chocolate raspberry brownie is topped with a raspberry cream cheese mousse.
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 7 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries, drained, mashed
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- FOR BROWNIE: PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup chocolate morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in mashed raspberries. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- FOR RASPBERRY MOUSSE: CHOP remaining morsels into roughly 1/4-inch pieces. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and food coloring, if desired, in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Fold in mashed raspberries and chopped chocolate morsels.
- BEAT cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into raspberry cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread mousse over cooled brownie. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into bars.