- Cooking Time: 12 min. per dozen
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, baker’s or chips
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, soften
- 1 ¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup red raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter; stir together. Wisk in cream cheese than add 1 cup sugar, egg and vanilla; mix well. Stir into flour mixture. Leave dough in bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Next, pull from dough enough to make 1 inch balls; coat with remaining sugar. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet; 2 inches apart. Press your thumb into center of each ball; fill each indention with ¼ tsp. of jam.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly firmed*. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet and transfer to wire racks to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- *light colored cookie sheet works best. Cookies bake evenly and without burning on the bottom.