CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CRUMB BARS
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1/2 C packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 C (12 oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/3 C seedless raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9 baking pan.
Beat butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1 3/4 C crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Microwave 1 C morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, uncovered, bowl on high for one minute.
Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave for an additional 10-15 seconds, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
Stir nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling.
Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture.
Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before serving.