- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA thin layer of fruit jam is all that comes between the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping. Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish these bars off.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package)Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
- STIR nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack