- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-ounce package)Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. With floured fingers, press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and sweetened condensed milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Spread over hot crust.
- STIR nuts into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over chocolate filling. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack
NotesA thin layer of fruit jam is all that comes between the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping. Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish these bars off.