- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 C. hazelnuts
- 2 1/4 C. self-rising flour*
- 3/4 C. cocoa powder
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz. corn oil
- 12 oz. soy milk
- 1 C. frozen raspberries
- powdered sugar (optional)
- * 2 1/4 C. self-rising flour = 2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour, 3 tsp. baking powder, & 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Toast the hazelnuts for five minutes or until they brown, stirring just enough to prevent burning them.
- Let the hazelnuts cool, then chop them.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Blend in the vanilla, oil, and soy milk.
- Fold in the nuts and raspberries.
- Grease muffin tins or set out paper cups for 18 muffins.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool, then dust tops with powdered sugar if desired.
NotesOriginally from a cake recipe in Fast and Fresh Vegan Pleasures by Amanda Grant