CHOCOLATE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 8-13
- Preparation Time: 15
- Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- These make a great gift, they store well.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Beat in large bowl or mixer 3/4 cup sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; blend well. Stir in flour, cocoa and baking power; mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, I use a 1 inch cookie scoop, it is much easier and quicker. Just scoop and drop on to ungreased cookie sheets. Now use your imagination. I like to decorate them somehow. Usually I will drop them in a bowl of Non Pareils Sprinkles and swish them around so the sprinkles stick to the top of the cookie, then I place them back on the cookie sheet. I have also pushed an M&M in the top of each or a chocolate chip morsel and even a chocolate covered espresso bean. Yum.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 8-13 minutes or until set. I usually go for 10 min. Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheets.
NotesThis was a Pillsbury recipe that I tweaked to my liking.
You can also find this recipe on my blog www.bakedonthebeach.blogspot.com
I will be posting a new recipe to the blog once a month. Thanks for taking the time to check it out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More