CHOCOLATE SNOW BALLS
- Servings: 5-6 doz
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups Oreo chocolate cookie crumbs (a 15 ounce box contains almost 4 cups)
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- sifted confectioner's sugar
Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
Add cream cheese and vanilla, stirring until smooth and cream cheese has melted.
Remove from heat.
Stir in cookie crumbs and pecans until thoroughly blended (it is easiest to use your hands to do this).
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in confectioners sugar.
Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or until firm.
Roll in confectioners sugar again.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.