- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
1. You may use bittersweet chocolate flavored with orange or raspberries for a delicious fruity flavor.
- 1/3 cup (65 g) sugar
- 5 ounces (150 g) bittersweet chocolate (70%)
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C)
- Grease one large souffle dish or 6 small souffle dishes.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water (in a double boiler).
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk with an electric mixer until they hold soft peaks.
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar gradually while whisking with the electric mixer.
- Mix gently the melted chocolate with the egg yolks and approximately one cup of the whisked egg whites.
- Fold in the remaining part of the whisked egg whites.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until crusted on top and practically cooked in the middle, approximately 25-35 minutes for a large souffle dish.