- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 8 ounce sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 recipe Fudge frosting
- Let eggs stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl beat shortening and sugar on medium speed until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in melted chocolate and sour cream. Alternately, add flour mixture and milk; beat on low after each addition just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool.
- Prepare Fudgy Frosting. Place one layer flat side down on plate. Spread top with 1 cup frosting. Stack second layer flat side down. Spread with remaining frosting.
- FUDGY FROSTING
- In large pan over low heat melt and stir one 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces and 1/2 cup butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in 8 ounce sour cream. Stir in 1 pound powdered sugar until smooth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More