- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 large strawberries, with hulls and stems attached
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Wash the berries and dry thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and place it over barely simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Holding by stem dipped the berry in to the melted chocolate, cover the berry about half way up. place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the berries, in a single layer, to a covered container and refrigerate until serving.
- Advance Preparation
- The strawberries can be dipped with chocolate early the day they are to be served; cover and refrigerate.
NotesIt's best to use large berries with long elegant stems. The same chocolate dipping technique can be used for other fruits, such as pineapple slices, grapes, orange segments, or for dried fruit or nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More