Chocolate Sundae Cookies
1/2 13.5oz jar dye-free merry maraschino cherries by Tillen Farms, halved
1 10 oz. bag Dandies vegan marshmallows, halved
1 cup earth balance, softened
2 cups organic cane sugar
3 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fair trade baking cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
2 "Eggs" from the VeganEgg product by Follow Your Heart*
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup soy milk, or non dairy milk of choice
1 bag Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1-2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
*If you can't find VeganEgg by Follow Your Heart you can use unsweetened apple sauce as the egg replacer instead with a 1/4 cup apple sauce per one egg ratio. You will need 1/2 cup apple sauce for this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut marshmallows and cherries into halves and set aside
1. Cream earth balance butter and sugar together till smooth.
2. Add dry ingredients, milk, vanilla and Follow Your Heart VeganEgg to creamed mixture and combine.
3. A sticky dough will form.
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Use a 2 teaspoon melon baller to scoop balls of dough onto baking sheet
3. Leave 2 inches between cookies
4. Bake 5 minutes, add marshmallow half to each cookie and bake 2 more minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Quick Chocolate Ganache Topping & Assembly:
1. Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave.
2. Add canola oil as needed to create a more fluid coating for the cookies.
3. Dip the Marshmallow part of the cookie into the chocolate.
4. Top with cherry while wet with the chocolate so it sticks.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all cookies are done.
6. Let sit to solidify.
*Tasty Tip: I like these chilled in the fridge but they are excellent at room temperate as well! A great cookie to wow vegans AND non-vegans. Enjoy!
Pairs Well With
The title doesn't scream holiday, but every Christmas I couldn't wait for our dearest family friend, Cheryl, to make her famous Sundae Cookies! The chocolate, marshmallow and cherry were the perfect one-bite combo for a holiday in your mouth. Well, I finally veganized them and now EVERYONE at your next party can enjoy them.
Were they they the hit of the party? Show and tell with me @theveganroadie on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter. #kaledit