- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium until fluffy in texture.
- Add each egg one at a time, to the mix.
- Gently mix in yogurt, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add in flour until batter takes on a smooth texture.
- Turn mixer off and fold the chocolate chips in the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean (except for the chocolate chips)
- Allow bread to cool under a towel.
NotesI loved this bread growing up, and I still love it now! My grandmother made this bread for me overtime I would stay with her and now I make it for my kids. This quick bread is a perfect snack for the kids' lunch-boxes. It freezes well so I like to make two loaves and freeze one for later.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More