- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium until fluffy in texture.
- Add each egg one at a time, to the mix.
- Gently mix in yogurt, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add in flour until batter takes on a smooth texture.
- Turn mixer off and fold the chocolate chips in the batter.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean (except for the chocolate chips)
- Allow bread to cool under a towel.
NotesI loved this bread growing up, and I still love it now! My grandmother made this bread for me overtime I would stay with her and now I make it for my kids. This quick bread is a perfect snack for the kids' lunch-boxes. It freezes well so I like to make two loaves and freeze one for later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More