CHOCOLATE TEA BREAD
Chocolate Tea Bread
- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium until fluffy in texture.
Add each egg one at a time, to the mix.
Gently mix in yogurt, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add in flour until batter takes on a smooth texture.
Turn mixer off and fold the chocolate chips in the batter.
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean (except for the chocolate chips)
Allow bread to cool under a towel.