- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese came from either Gourmet or Bon Appetit, and they're spectacular! I could happily eat them for every meal all day long. You gotta try them if you haven't!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. good quality bittersweet and / or semisweet chocolate, chopped (*I use a combination of both plus milk chocolate - live it up)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs @ room temp
- 1 Tb. vanilla
- 7 oz. coarse-chopped Heath or Skor candy
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Whisk dry ingredients to blend; set aside.
- Stir chocolate & butter in double boiler over low-simmering water til melted and smooth. Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm.
- In separate bowl, beat sugar & eggs until thick, apx. 5 minutes.
- Beat cooled chocolate mixture & vanilla into sugar & egg mixture; stir in flour until just incorporpated; stir in toffee & nuts.
- Chill batter at least 45 minutes and up to one day.
- Drop batter by ice cream scoopfuls on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake @ 350 until just dry & cracked on top, but still soft in center, apx. 15 minutes. Cool fully on sheets prior to removal. Store airtight up to two days.