- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. good quality bittersweet and / or semisweet chocolate, chopped (*I use a combination of both plus milk chocolate - live it up)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs @ room temp
- 1 Tb. vanilla
- 7 oz. coarse-chopped Heath or Skor candy
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Whisk dry ingredients to blend; set aside.
- Stir chocolate & butter in double boiler over low-simmering water til melted and smooth. Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm.
- In separate bowl, beat sugar & eggs until thick, apx. 5 minutes.
- Beat cooled chocolate mixture & vanilla into sugar & egg mixture; stir in flour until just incorporpated; stir in toffee & nuts.
- Chill batter at least 45 minutes and up to one day.
- Drop batter by ice cream scoopfuls on parchment-lined baking sheets, about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake @ 350 until just dry & cracked on top, but still soft in center, apx. 15 minutes. Cool fully on sheets prior to removal. Store airtight up to two days.
NotesThese came from either Gourmet or Bon Appetit, and they're spectacular! I could happily eat them for every meal all day long. You gotta try them if you haven't!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More