- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 1 12-ounce bag non-dairy chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coffee liquor (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 graham cracker crust (or g/f prebaked crust)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or whole berries (optional topping)
- dollops of non-dairy whip topping on each slice
- Place tofu and honey into a blender or food processor.
- Melt chocolate chips and coffee liquor together until smooth in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over tofu and whizz/blend the mixture until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Pour into a pie crust and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
NotesThis is a vegan classic! The first time I had it was at the Manatee Cafe in St. Augustine, FL. It was so rich and decadent, I had to find out the recipe. Since then, I've made it for family gatherings and no one ever suspected that it contained tofu - they still don't know! ;) It's super easy and can easily be adapted to have a fruit topping, be gluten free,... anything!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More