- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz silken tofu
- 1 12-ounce bag non-dairy chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coffee liquor (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 graham cracker crust (or g/f prebaked crust)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or whole berries (optional topping)
- dollops of non-dairy whip topping on each slice
- Place tofu and honey into a blender or food processor.
- Melt chocolate chips and coffee liquor together until smooth in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over tofu and whizz/blend the mixture until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Pour into a pie crust and chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
NotesThis is a vegan classic! The first time I had it was at the Manatee Cafe in St. Augustine, FL. It was so rich and decadent, I had to find out the recipe. Since then, I've made it for family gatherings and no one ever suspected that it contained tofu - they still don't know! ;) It's super easy and can easily be adapted to have a fruit topping, be gluten free,... anything!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More