- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat to 350.
- Grind up the almonds, sugar, salt and almond extract in your food processor, serious blender or bullet (I used my bullet).
- Move to bowl and mix in your eggs and butter till they're very well combined. Now add in the flour and baking powder and mix till just blended.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool in the pan.
NotesThis cake is the second in my cake year challenge. The only request this week was 'something simple and nutty'. Mission accomplished!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More