CHOCOLATE TOPPED ALMOND CAKE
- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat to 350.
Grind up the almonds, sugar, salt and almond extract in your food processor, serious blender or bullet (I used my bullet).
Move to bowl and mix in your eggs and butter till they're very well combined. Now add in the flour and baking powder and mix till just blended.
Pour batter into greased and floured pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool in the pan.
Website Credit: http://www.soverydomestic.com/blog/index.php/2010/02/23/2010/