- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 6 ounce package chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Whisk cocoa and water until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 9" baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla on high speed until soft peeks form. Chill until firm.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat; stir in cream. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners sugar. Chill for at least 1 hour or until completely cooled. Beat with electric mixer to achieve spreading consistency.
- Spread half of the filling over one cake layer; top with second layer and remaining filling. Top with third layer; frost top and sides of cake. Chill for 2 hours before cutting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cooking with Sabra
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More