- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound semi-sweet parve chocolate chips
- 5 eggs, separated
- 5 ounces margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in microwave, being careful not to burn. Cool slightly and add egg yolks (optional).
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold chocolate into egg whites in small batches. Pour into greased springform pan and bake for exactly 12 minutes.
- The cake should look undercooked when taken out of oven. Cool on counter until cake is at room temperature. Refrigerate or freeze at least a couple hours, then serve at room temperature.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and garnish with any of the following: raspberry sauce, strawberries, mint, kiwi, raspberries
NotesThis recipe has only 3 ingredients! I baked this for my (now) husband the first time I cooked for him when we dated. At the time, I only knew how to cook this cake (recipe from my mom), cereal and spaghetti. This cake knocked his socks off and he never knew I couldn't cook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More