- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound semi-sweet parve chocolate chips
- 5 eggs, separated
- 5 ounces margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in microwave, being careful not to burn. Cool slightly and add egg yolks (optional).
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold chocolate into egg whites in small batches. Pour into greased springform pan and bake for exactly 12 minutes.
- The cake should look undercooked when taken out of oven. Cool on counter until cake is at room temperature. Refrigerate or freeze at least a couple hours, then serve at room temperature.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar and garnish with any of the following: raspberry sauce, strawberries, mint, kiwi, raspberries
NotesThis recipe has only 3 ingredients! I baked this for my (now) husband the first time I cooked for him when we dated. At the time, I only knew how to cook this cake (recipe from my mom), cereal and spaghetti. This cake knocked his socks off and he never knew I couldn't cook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More