- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8-10 (small slices)
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 3/4 C chocolate chips (I prefer good quality dark chocolate)
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 tsp hot water
- 4 eggs, separated
- Do not overcook - allow to fall and set after cooking.
- Oven 425 F
- Grease 8" spring form pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Add flour, sugar and water.
- Beat egg yolks in one at a time.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and shiny - fold in -
- Cook in spring form pan for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. - top with whipped cream - freezes well.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired'
NotesGot this recipe from a friend in college. She babysat for a woman who was always entering cooking contests. I think this was one of her "test" recipes.
Incredible chocolate flavor - so easy - served for many, many birthdays - fun to take to potlucks because it looks so plain - until you take a bite...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Vegan Eats!See More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More