Chocolate Truffle Cake
14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, broken up
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
10 ounces unsalted butter
3/4 cup strong coffee, preferably espresso
10 1/2 ounces liquid or frozen whole egg product
12 Egg Yolks
8 1/2 ounces liquid or frozen whole egg
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups Marsala wine
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Grease a 10" × 3" inch spring-form cake pan.
3. Place chocolate, sugar, butter and coffee together in pan and heat gently until the mixture has melted together and is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until they are well mixed.
5. Add eggs to melted chocolate mixture, beating constantly .
6. Pour mixture into pan and bake for two hours.
7. Cool and cut into portions.
8. DIRECTIONS FOR ZABAGLIONE SAUCE:
Mix egg yolks, granulated sugar and Marsala together until the mixture is smooth and pale and forms a ribbon when the whisk is lifted.
9. Place over boiling water and whisk constantly until mixture has thickened and is creamy.
10. Refrigerate until needed.