CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE COOKIE BALLS
Chocolate Truffle Cookie Balls
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 c butter, softened
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 T milk
- 1 oz (square) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 c (6 oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Rolling mixture:
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa
1. Lightly grease cookie sheets or use baking parchment.
2. Cream sugar & butter.
3. Add vanilla, milk & melted chocolate. Blend.
4. Mix in flour & salt.
5. Add chocolate chips & blend with paddle attachment or spoon.
6. Shape into 1" balls. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
7. Roll cookies in cocoa/sugar mix.
Yields about 4 dozen.
These can be dry. You might want to increase the amount of milk by 50-100%, to your taste, but I just pour a big glass on the side. The richness of the chocolate chips help balance any dryness but does add to the thirst factor.
These pair nicely with my Swedish Tea Cakes.
Bundle these up and present them as a gift for any chocolate lover.
This is very simple; a good recipe for beginner bakers.
Note: they don't make perfect balls b/c of the chips.