CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TOFFEE CHEESECAKE
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups (22 cookies) shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Filling Ingredients:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Topping Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES™ Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
Heat oven to 325°F.
Combine all crust ingredients in small bowl. Press onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom.
Bake 4 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
Add melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla; beat until well mixed.
Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits.
Spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
Continue baking for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is set.
Cool in pan 1 hour.
Remove from pan; place onto serving plate.
Meanwhile, place chocolate chips in small bowl. Place whipping cream in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat (2 to 3 minutes).
Pour whipping cream over chocolate chips.
Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth.
Cool until mixture falls in ribbons off spoon (about 1 hour).
Spread over top of cheesecake; sprinkle outer rim of cheesecake with 1/4 cup toffee bits. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
To melt chocolate, place in 1-quart saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over very low heat until melted. Or, place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power), stirring occasionally, until melted (1 to 2 minutes).
Preparation time: 15 min Baking time: 54 min
Yield: 16 servings