- Cooking Time: 3-4
- Servings: 36 approx.
- Preparation Time: 30
- For 36 Truffles:
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter - softened
- 1/2 cup superfine baker's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 oz. chocolate melted (I use a 67%)
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. brewed espresso or dark coffee - room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- Have on hand a little cocoa powder, sea salt or shredded coconut for "finishing".
- Combine the butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl with a mixer set to medium speed. Beat the mixture until pale and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, espresso (coffee), and vanilla and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Prepare the coconut by pulsing in a food processor until it is roughly chopped. Add the coconut to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Divide the mixture into 36 portions using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon, rolling each portion into a ball, about 1" in diameter.
- AT YOUR DISCRETION: roll the truffles in coconut / dust with cocoa powder / sprinkle with salt / etc.
- Transfer truffles to baking sheet and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
NotesActually a recipe from Saveur that I've modified a little. Since I'm not a traditional baker (I'm more of a cook), I like that the measurements can be off a little without consequence, and there's room to improvise. And, as a bonus, I don't have to turn on the oven!
Please to enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More