- Cooking Time: 3-4
- Servings: 36 approx.
- Preparation Time: 30
- For 36 Truffles:
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter - softened
- 1/2 cup superfine baker's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 oz. chocolate melted (I use a 67%)
- 6 tbsp. unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. brewed espresso or dark coffee - room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- Have on hand a little cocoa powder, sea salt or shredded coconut for "finishing".
- Combine the butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl with a mixer set to medium speed. Beat the mixture until pale and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, espresso (coffee), and vanilla and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Prepare the coconut by pulsing in a food processor until it is roughly chopped. Add the coconut to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Divide the mixture into 36 portions using a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon, rolling each portion into a ball, about 1" in diameter.
- AT YOUR DISCRETION: roll the truffles in coconut / dust with cocoa powder / sprinkle with salt / etc.
- Transfer truffles to baking sheet and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
NotesActually a recipe from Saveur that I've modified a little. Since I'm not a traditional baker (I'm more of a cook), I like that the measurements can be off a little without consequence, and there's room to improvise. And, as a bonus, I don't have to turn on the oven!
Please to enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More