- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 oz. Chocolate, unsweetened, melted, cooled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Heavy cream
- 6 oz. Semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted, chopped
- Robert Rothschild Farm Old-Fashioned Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease with non-stick spray an 8 inch round cake pan.
- Line pan with either parchment paper or waxed paper.
- In an electric mixing bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, add the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Turn the mixer on low speed to combine.
- Mix the coffee, sour cream, oil and vanilla together and slowly add to the flour mixture. Mix until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl several times.
- Add the egg and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chocolate and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place cake in the preheated oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan and place on a cooling rack after 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For the ganache, place chocolate in a stainless steel bowl, heat cream to boiling and pour cream mixture over chocolate.
- Allow mixture to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To assemble cake, make sure your ganache is at room temperature and just a bit fluid.
- The frosting needs to drizzle down the edges of the cake.
- Slice cake in 2 equal halves, horizontally. Place the bottom layer on a cake plate.
- Spread with some of the ganache and place top layer over bottom.
- Spread the ganache on the top of the cake, allowing the chocolate to drip down the edges of the cake.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the cake. Drizzle Old-Fashioned Caramel Sauce generously over top of the pecans.
- Robert Rothschild Farm Old-Fashioned Caramel Sauce can be bought online at Robert Rothschild Farm online store.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More