- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe basic brownie cupcake recipe is enhanced with caramel, pecans, and bittersweet chocolate ganache to make a cupcake with the flavors of chocolate turtle candies.
Field notes: Anything with chocolate and caramel is worth eating, as far as I am concerned. While the basic recipe for brownie cupcakes yields 18, by the time you add all the extra nuts, chips, and caramel in this recipe, you end up with 2 dozen cupcakes.
Lifespan: Cupcakes may be baked 2 days ahead; glazed cupcakes are best served the same day. Store at room temperature in airtight container.
- 24 brown paper liners
- 24 Kraft caramels
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 batch batter from “Brownie Cupcakes”
- 1 batch Ganache Glaze and Frosting
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place paper liners in all wells of 2 – 12cup cupcake tins.
- Chop 12 of the caramels into 1/4-inch dice. If the caramel is sticky, spritz your knife with non-stick cooking spray. Fold chopped caramels and chocolate morsels into the cupcake batter. Divide batter evenly among cupcake wells. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center shows many moist crumbs. Cool pans on racks for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Melt remaining 12 caramels in top of double boiler or in microwave. Rewarm ganache if necessary to bring it to a fluid state. Drizzle ganache with fork or teaspoon over all and top with remaining buts. Chill cupcakes briefly, until caramel and ganache are set. Cupcakes are not ready to serve.
- Cupcake tips
- -The caramel, nut and ganache toppings can be layered repeatedly until you have as decadent a topping as you desire. Depending on how decadent you are, you might want extra caramels, nuts, and ganache.