- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 12 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate bars, chopped*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and corn syrup in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (15 to 20 minutes). Boil 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Immediately add chocolate pieces. Beat with wire whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour into 3 (8-ounce) jars while warm. Cool 15 minutes. Cover; store refrigerated.
- To serve, remove cover. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until warm (1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
- *Substitute 1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) semi-sweet real chocolate chips.
NotesAnother fabulous sauce for Ice Cream that I make often. I got this recipe off of Land O Lakes butter package