CHOCOLATE WAFER ICEBOX CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9-ounce) packages chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons scraped milk chocolate
- In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread with 1/2 cup whipped cream, making a 7-inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 11 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, scrape milk chocolate on top and garnish with fresh mint.
- Cut cake into wedges and serve.
NotesAdapted from Magnolia's famous Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake - otherwise known as the cake on the box of Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers.
My version (shown in the picture) used 4 cups of heavy whipping cream instead of 3 cups, which threw off the balance of the chocolate and cream. If I were to do it again, I would stick to 3 cups as below...
Add flavorings (peppermint, orange, almond, etc.) to the whipped cream.
Dust top with cocoa powder, crumbled oreos or crumbled left-over chocolate wafers.