Chocolate Walnut Bars
1 cup softened butter or margarine
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups (14oz can) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat butter or margarine in large bowl until creamy.
2. Add flour, sugar, and salt until crumbly.
3. Press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9 pan (set remaining mixture aside)
4. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
5. Warm 1 1/2 cups morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over low heat. Stirring constantly till smooth.
6. Add vanilla to chocolate mix and spread over baked crumb mixture
7. Stir in walnuts and remaining chocolate chips into reserved crumb mixture
8. Sprinkle over chocolate filling
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
10. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares