- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 squares unsweetened (2 ounces) chocolate
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- dash salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Directions for chocolate fudge.
- Melt chocolate over very low heat. Add milk and salt; stir well. Stir in
- sugar and bring to a full boil over medium heat. Continue to cook, stirring
- only once or twice, until mixture forms a soft ball (about 236° ) in about
- 1/2 cup cold water; remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir to
- blend well. Stir in walnuts. Beat well with a large wooden spoon until
- mixture begins to thicken, then pour quickly into a buttered pie plate.
- Refrigerate; cut into squares when fudge is firm.