- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup of American whiskey (I used Jim Beam Black, its really all up to your preference of whiskey but I was on a budget and Jim Beam was the cheapest of decent whiskeys)
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter cut in to one inch pieces.
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour (I used cake flour the conversions are on the box)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat coffee, whiskey, butter, and cup of cocoa powder in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, whisking until butter is melted. Remove from heat, then add sugar and whisk until dissolved, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool 5 minutes.
- While chocolate mixture cools, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl, Then whisk into cooled chocolate mixture until combined well. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined(don't worry the batter will be a bit thin and bubbly). Bake Cupcakes for 30 to 40 minutes. Then place cupcakes on a rack to cool then dust with powdered sugar.
NotesOkay so I work at a Veterinary office as a receptionist, and as anyone knows any type of medical field can be stressful. The doctor and two of the Vet techs lost a patient under anesthesia, then later on that day we ended up losing another. It was a very sad day, at the end of the day we were all standing in the break room, one of the tech's stated, "I Could use a drink", the other replied with, "I need some chocolate and stat".. we all kind of chuckled and then suddenly it snapped I could combine the two and volia! Chocolate Whiskey cupcakes were born. I made them last night and brought them in to work, they've all deemed it the ultimate comfort food.
I use an ice cream scooper to make sure that all cup cake cups are even. This made about 12 Jumbo Cupcakes. (I'll post a photo later)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More