CHOCOLATE WHISKEY CUPCAKES
Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30-40
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup of American whiskey (I used Jim Beam Black, its really all up to your preference of whiskey but I was on a budget and Jim Beam was the cheapest of decent whiskeys)
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter cut in to one inch pieces.
- 2 Cups of sugar
- 2 Cups of all-purpose flour (I used cake flour the conversions are on the box)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325F.
Heat coffee, whiskey, butter, and cup of cocoa powder in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, whisking until butter is melted. Remove from heat, then add sugar and whisk until dissolved, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool 5 minutes.
While chocolate mixture cools, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl, Then whisk into cooled chocolate mixture until combined well. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined(don't worry the batter will be a bit thin and bubbly). Bake Cupcakes for 30 to 40 minutes. Then place cupcakes on a rack to cool then dust with powdered sugar.
I use an ice cream scooper to make sure that all cup cake cups are even. This made about 12 Jumbo Cupcakes. (I'll post a photo later)