CHOCOLATE WHISKY FONDUE
Chocolate Whisky Fondue
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup lightly salted butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¼ cup Scotch whisky (or more to taste, if desired)
- Pound or angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh whole strawberries, hulled; fresh pineapple, cut into small wedges; and other fresh fruit, as desired
Place sugar and water in a small nonaluminum saucepan.
Cook over low heat until mixture simmers; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat; uncover and cool to lukewarm.
Melt semisweet and unsweetened chocolates with butter and cream using Double-Boiler Method.
Slowly blend cooled sugar syrup into chocolate mixture using whisk; reserve at room temperature until ready to serve.
To serve, reheat chocolate mixture in double boiler over hot water just until hot.
Stir Scotch into chocolate mixture.
Transfer mixture to warm fondue pot or serving dish.
Serve with cake cubes and fruit, as desired, for dipping.
(Note: Fondue will thicken as it cools.)