- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup lightly salted butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¼ cup Scotch whisky (or more to taste, if desired)
- Pound or angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh whole strawberries, hulled; fresh pineapple, cut into small wedges; and other fresh fruit, as desired
- Place sugar and water in a small nonaluminum saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until mixture simmers; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; uncover and cool to lukewarm.
- Melt semisweet and unsweetened chocolates with butter and cream using Double-Boiler Method.
- Slowly blend cooled sugar syrup into chocolate mixture using whisk; reserve at room temperature until ready to serve.
- To serve, reheat chocolate mixture in double boiler over hot water just until hot.
- Stir Scotch into chocolate mixture.
- Transfer mixture to warm fondue pot or serving dish.
- Serve with cake cubes and fruit, as desired, for dipping.
- (Note: Fondue will thicken as it cools.)
NotesThe childhood pleasure of dipping a finger into melted chocolate grows up with this sinfully rich dessert. This sensuous, but spirited fondue will cling to pound cake cubes, pieces of freshly cut fruit, or a dipping finger.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More