- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 6 ounce chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Place oven rack in middle of oven. Heat to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Microwave both chocolates and the butter for 1 minute then stir. Repeat at 30 second intervals until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In another medium bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar, coffee powder, vanilla, salt and baking powder until lighter in color and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in chocolate mixture (which may still be quite warm). Add flour and beat just until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Using a scant 1/3 cup batter per cookie, drop 5 mounds on each cookie sheet, 1 in the middle and 1 toward each corner (dough is gooey). Don't flatten tops.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, no longer. Surface will be dry, shiny and cracked, but inside will be soft.
- Slide foil off cookie sheet onto countertop. Cool cookies on foil, or remove to wire rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More