- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 6 ounce chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Place oven rack in middle of oven. Heat to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Microwave both chocolates and the butter for 1 minute then stir. Repeat at 30 second intervals until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In another medium bowl, with mixer on high speed, beat eggs, sugar, coffee powder, vanilla, salt and baking powder until lighter in color and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in chocolate mixture (which may still be quite warm). Add flour and beat just until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Using a scant 1/3 cup batter per cookie, drop 5 mounds on each cookie sheet, 1 in the middle and 1 toward each corner (dough is gooey). Don't flatten tops.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, no longer. Surface will be dry, shiny and cracked, but inside will be soft.
- Slide foil off cookie sheet onto countertop. Cool cookies on foil, or remove to wire rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More