Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 1/2 cups bread or all-purpose flour (2 1/2 to 3 cups)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 package Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 large egg
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam
1 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, cocoa powder, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120º to 130ºF). Butter does not need to melt. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in egg and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
2. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
3. Prepare White Chocolate, Raspberry and Pecan Filling: Combine white chocolate morsels, chopped pecans, toasted, and seedless red raspberry jam.
4. Roll dough to 22- × 6-inch rectangle. With sharp knife, cut in half lengthwise to make two 22- × 3-inch strips. Spread one-half filling down center length of each strip. Fold long sides of dough over filling; pinch seams and ends to seal.
5. Place ropes, seam sides down, on greased baking sheet. Twist ropes together. Form into wreath; pinch ends to seal. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until risen slightly, about 1 hour.
6. Bake at 350ºF for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Frosting.
Make Frosting: Combine sifted powdered sugar, 1 to 2 tablespoons milk and pure vanilla extract.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Misc. Dessert