- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, preferably Dutch
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- dash of cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten (I used 2 eggs and 1 eggwhite: didn't have enough eggs)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (yes, olive oil, trust me)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vanilla soy milk OR 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (2 large zucchinis)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prep two loaf pans (You could also do it in one and have a nice big loaf, my loaves came out small)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Then, mix all of the wet ingredients (except for zucchini).
- Make a well in the center of the bowl of dry ingredients and pour the wet ones in. Stir until incorporated and then stir in zucchini until batter is combined, but still a bit lumpy. Here is where the fun could potentially start. Feel free to add some mini chocolate chips,a cup of shredded carrots or sweet potatos, raisins or toasted walnuts (set on a baking sheet when you start to preheat the oven and theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be toasted by the time you get to this phase). Or not. The bread is delicious on its own.
- Bake at 350F for about an hour or so. I think my oven is busted because it should take about an hour and fifteen minutes, but it only took an hour. Just test it with a strand of dry spaghetti or a toothpick after an hour in the oven.
- Take out and let cool in pans for about 15 minutes. Run a knife along the edges and pop bread out. Wrap in a clean dishcloth and wait until it cools¦if you can¦you know it will really taste better the next day if you don't nibble at it all night¦okay do what you will, it's out of my hands.
NotesSomething tasty to do with all of the zucchini of the summer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More