- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 24 servings/ 3 pts. each
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2 cup(s) zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 3 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 24 packet(s) McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix the sugars and eggs together, add the zucchini and the vanilla. Fold in the dry ingredients, just until moistened. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 2 loaves/ cut into 24 servings. Don't overcook, check it with a toothpick.
NotesWe go to the local Farmer's Market every Saturday morning. One vendor has luscious baked goods, and my favorite is the Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I decided to try a recipe on my own. I used a recipe from Allrecipes and tried to lighten it up. I substituted applesauce for the fat, and used only half the sugar and half Splenda. You could leave out the chocolate chips for an even lighter version - 2 points per serving. I will definitly make this one again. As written, with the chips, the recipe is 3 points per serving. Makes 2 loaves - cut into 24 servings. Next time - I will use 2 cups of wheat flour and 1 cup of AP flour. I'm totally blown away by the flavor and texture of the product.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More