- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Topping Ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts or your favorite)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3 quart springform cake pan, then flour it or sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Sift the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together into a large bowl. In another large bowl, combine the sugar and butter. Using an electric mixer, mix until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and coffee then stir until evenly mixed. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, reserving half of the flour mixture. Mix thoroughly to make a thick batter.
- Add the grated zucchini and chocolate chips to the reserved flour mixture. Toss to coat. Fold into the batter and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack to cool for 30 minutes, then unmold. Cut into slices and serve with a scoop of ice cream if desired
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More