- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate -- melted
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (or nuts and raisins)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add sugar, continue beating.
- Add oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in melted chocolate.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients, stir. Add nuts.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Divide batter between 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Freezes really well, assuming that both loaves aren't eaten in a matter of hours!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Social CookbookSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More