CHOCOLATE ALMOND COFFEE FRAPPE
- 1/4 cup black coffee (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup milk* (plus a little more, if needed, for smooth blending)
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup crushed ice (or smallest cubes possible)
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon, for dusting.
- Milk options: whole milk, skim milk, soy milk, etc.
- 4 teaspoons of sugar or two packets of sugar substitute (to taste)
- Extra scoops of ice cream, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for topping
Place black coffee, milk, ice cream, almond extract and crushed ice in blender jar. Add sugar or sugar substitute only if desired. (The taste is quite sweet without it!)
With blender lid securely closed, pulse blender until mixture is smooth. If blades get stuck, add a little more milk.
Pour 1 Tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the bottom of each glass.
(This makes the drink look and taste even more delectable.)
Divide the coffee frappe between your glasses and dust with cinnamon.
Tip: It’s best to use precrushed ice; if using ice cubes, choose the smallest ones possible to avoid harming the blades of your blender.
Tip: Try vanilla ice cream with vanilla extract.