- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup black coffee (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup milk* (plus a little more, if needed, for smooth blending)
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup crushed ice (or smallest cubes possible)
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon, for dusting.
- Milk options: whole milk, skim milk, soy milk, etc.
- 4 teaspoons of sugar or two packets of sugar substitute (to taste)
- Extra scoops of ice cream, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Place black coffee, milk, ice cream, almond extract and crushed ice in blender jar. Add sugar or sugar substitute only if desired. (The taste is quite sweet without it!)
- With blender lid securely closed, pulse blender until mixture is smooth. If blades get stuck, add a little more milk.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of chocolate syrup into the bottom of each glass.
- (This makes the drink look and taste even more delectable.)
- Divide the coffee frappe between your glasses and dust with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately!
- Tip: It’s best to use precrushed ice; if using ice cubes, choose the smallest ones possible to avoid harming the blades of your blender.
- Tip: Try vanilla ice cream with vanilla extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Short & SweetSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More